Our Services – Helping You to Make that Change
The Business Mechanic helps you and your organisation achieve the success you deserve by offering a combination of services and training programmes. We do this by:
- Finding out what things are standing in the way of success and then planning for their elimination
- Providing practical, hands–on assistance in setting up new processes, procedures and measures, and tuning or repairing existing ones
- Mentoring you in their use to ensure that you and your business get the most out of them
- Giving training to bridge the skills gap
- Ensuring that you and your team have the time available to do what is necessary
We offer a total package but we are happy to deliver individual parts, if that is what you want. We have clients that have only required training, some who we mentor, and others who have simply wanted a report on the state of their business. The choice is yours – we are happy to help you in whatever way you want.
How do you identify the changes you need to make?
Identifying the sticking points in the business is the first priority – what thing or things are preventing the business from developing as you want? This is often not as easy as it sounds.
- The problems you face are often symptoms of deeper issues affecting the whole business.
- Treating the symptoms without dealing with their cause will keep you under pressure, cost you unnecessary time and money and probably not deliver the results you want.
- We start by doing a business audit and diagnostic using a structured approach to reveal any weaknesses or bottlenecks that prevent the business from performing to its maximum potential.
How can you make those changes?
No business has limitless resources. It is important that any systems, processes and procedures are as simple as they can possibly be. They are there to ease pressure, not to add to it.
- We work with you to identify the minimum systems the business requires and design the necessary processes and procedures. Simple measures are put in place to ensure that they work as planned.
- We carry out periodic reviews to ensure that the business is on track and to plan next actions. It is important to keep up the momentum, so we are available for advice as needed.
- We will also have regular contact sessions (usually on the phone) to make sure that everything is going as planned.
How will you deal with the challenges?
Once the processes and procedures are up and running, we will help you work through the challenges you will encounter from time to time by giving you support and constructive advice from a different perspective.
- Other clients have faced similar challenges successfully. You will save time and money by learning from their experiences.
- You will have access to our knowledge and experience as part of our Mentoring and Coaching programme. Our regular meetings with you will check that the new systems are running well and keeping the business on target.
- When the unexpected happens, we will work with you to develop a practical answer and support you in its implementation. We are here to help you achieve what you want for your business.
How will you give your business the skills it needs to grow?
We offer a variety of training specifically designed to teach you and your managers how to make the business grow under control.
- All of the training is designed to be of immediate practical use in your business and will be tailored to your specific needs.
- The training deals with the two connected areas of financial control and business growth.
- The financial programmes link together so that everyone in the business will understand how the money in it works and how they can work with it.
- The development courses take you from first decisions to successfully dealing with big change.
- Between them, they give you and your managers all the additional skills you need to make that difference.
How can you find the time to do it all?
Time is the key to carry out the necessary work, but we are always being robbed. Good intentions and desire are certainly necessary if changes are going to be made but, on their own, they are not enough.
- ‘Time management’ programmes generally do not work very well. They are often developed from a core idea and everything is forced to fit in with this idea. Some are wholly time–based, some are wholly tasked–based, but all are partial.
- Our Clearing the Desks programme really will make a spectacular difference. It is also based on a core idea – making the biggest change with the least effort – but it adopts a multi-layered approach. It uses approaches that are similar to parts of Covey, Allen and TMI but welds them together into a practical and highly effective system.
If this seems to answer your needs and you want further information, click here to Contact Us