How Will You Make That Change?
Making lasting change is the key to long-term success. It requires thought, skill and effort and it is important to choose someone to work with in developing that change who is right for you. We have over 25 years experience in helping businesses manage that change successfully.
So, what's it like working with us? On this page we will try to give you a sense of this by explaining our beliefs and values, what you can expect of us and the kinds of results our clients have reported.
Guiding Beliefs and Values
- Making changes to your business that give it the long–term success you want is not easy – we believe that real, effective and lasting change is hard to achieve in any business.
- The focus of the business is always on doing what it has to do right now – all of the additional work that change requires is an added and unwelcome burden.
- Leadership is important but an effective team is essential – decisions are best made and processes best run by people working as a team rather than by people working on their own, even if the rest of the ’team’ come from outside the organisation.
- No business has limitless resources – it is essential to balance effectiveness (doing things right) with efficiency (doing things cheap).
- Systems should be as small and as easy to use as they can be – we believe in minimal systems that have the smallest possible impact on your resources but which deliver exactly what you want with no waste.
- Knowledge walks out the door – organisations constantly lose knowledge as people leave, and are perpetually in a cycle of reacquiring it.
- A business is either growing or it is shrinking – there is no middle ground.
- We work to make ourselves redundant – we want you to be able to do without us as soon as possible, so we work with you to transfer the knowledge and skills you and your team will need to dispense with our services.
- We work with you and your team to develop a programme for change that you and your busines can live with – Whether it is the development of a training programme to plug gaps in your set of skills, or creating new or improved ways of doing things.
- Our focus is always on the practical, on what will make the biggest difference for the smallest outlay – we are always conscious that you have other calls on your resources and that activites must be balanced.
- We will help you to develop a real vision of what the business aspires to and a plan of how it will be accomplished – for you to know where you are, where you want to be and how you are going to get there.
- Between us, we will create action plans – simple step-by-step guides setting out in detail how the vision will be accomplished, exactly what you need to do and when, and how you will know that you are on track.
- We will help you identify skills your business needs to make the change but that it currently lacks, and ensure they are acquired – most businesses start with limited skills and are not aware of some of the simple techniques that can make a huge difference.
- Together we will identify and deal with your existing problems effectively – to make sure that they cannot stop the change happening.
When you are looking for a consultant, coach or trainer there are a lot to choose from. So what makes us different from the others?
- The Business Mechanic has developed approaches that are both different and effective. We have a wide range of practical skills that are constantly maintained and developed. We can see the path through the woods.
- Our clients report that our involvement in their teams helps them to get rid of their mental baggage and to focus on the real issues facing them. They find that they develop a clarity of purpose that makes the challenges smaller and success more certain.
Now that you have a better idea about us, the results you will get from working with us and of our approach to working with our clients, click here to find out more about Our Services.